Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Shuva Bihani, Shuva Ratri and Nameste Nepal.

The time we have spent in Nepal is slowly coming to an end. And as much as I am happy that we are about to embark on our volunteer-adventure, I can’t help feel a little solemn that the time lost, is so close at heart.

Trying to number the days in Nepal is as hard as catching the fleeting wind. You never suspect that a storm brewing, will rush over you at any second, at any time.

From sitting in the slum eating something suspiciously called ‘Balls’, to hearing till tale of the father and his transcend from high ranking military officer, to poor workman in the slum. Or the trekking in the Nepalese mountains covered with experiences like me taking a dip in a fountain, while an old Nepalese man was laughing his ass off. And by that I mean he quite literally laughed at me, while taking a dump. And I can’t forget the children at the orphanage and the joy we had with dancing, talking and fun remarks like “You so tall, you so white!”

These and hundreds of experiences have made me grow as a person, within the few weeks we have been here. And I am guessing the same applies for my fellow volunteers and the experiences they have encountered and enjoyed.

So while the days are numbered (one week to be exact), the work is still at hand. And with the Drivers-Of-Change, still buzzing discussions and euphoric weekends in the sun and in the mountains (the last one might not seem as work, but to work, you need to relax), the trip is finally taking shape. And I can’t wait for the next few days where we will have our last live experiences before departure.

Signing out Troels

Quote: “Remember what Bilbo used to say: It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step on the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to”

No comments:

Post a Comment