Monday, September 26, 2011

Thoughts and ice cream

Woken up at 5 am. wasn't what we (Ida, Anna Julie and I) had in mind, but anyhow it is okay. We got tea but the situation of just sitting in this room with no windows, the not-knowing-what-to-do-feeling, was just too overwhelming and we took a taxi home to the platform. Laying in my bed my bed not knowing whether it was wrong leaving the slum, or not troubled me at lot of thoughts on how we should have reacted. Here we come as foreigners and just leave really early, almost rudely early, in the morning. And had only recieved a lousy cup of tea from this friendly, openminded, caring family. I woulds not say I'm sorry about the situation but lets say it made me think. At 9.30 the ots returned and we shared experiences and talked about the evening and the night had been going. It seemed like everyone had a positive experience. The rest of the day we had no classes, and then 3 o'clock some of us decided to go to Søbogaard, an ecological farm in Bahktapur, outside Kathmandu. They are making juices, ice cream and in general food that is 100% egological. It was a really beautiful farm, the food was delicious, and that homemade ecological ice cream - I still dream about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment