Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Last Resort

The Last Resort – January 21 and 22

This weekend 21 young people were ready for leaving Kathmandu and go on a weekend tour filled with adventure. At 6 am we were ready in Thamel to go in the bus and drive almost 3 hours to resort. At Thamel we were split in to two busses – one for those who were going to the resort for bungy jumping and one for those who were going for river rafting.

The long drive to the resort were amazing (I was at sleep, but I was told it was a very beautiful and bumpy)

When we arrived at the resort all we could see was a river and a suspension bridge 160 meters above the ground– I looked at the other 5 guys and all looked a bit scared of the bridge. I must amide that a tear came down my chick when I was walking at the bridge, and at the same time we found out - this was the bridge were we should bungy jump.

Shortly after we arrived, two of us were sent out on the bridge to become ready for the jump. It was cold and windy at the bridge – and the stomach started to hurt. I was scared! Camilla was the first to jump “3,2,1 – JUMP” and Camilla flew – nice and easy down towards the ground. 20 long minutes later it was my turn. Now I was really scared and another tear started to run down my cheek. I was walking out on the platform – the instructor started counting “3,2,1 – JUMP” I froze – “I can’t do it” but the instructor just said I could and started counting again “3,2” and then I flew, screaming a lot.

Free fall 100 meters down – I couldn’t hear anything, I couldn’t see anything and couldn’t think about anything. Suddenly the rope pulled my legs – and I was back in reality – suddenly I could hear, see and think again – wow I just flew!

Now we only had 2 more jumping – the guys were very confident and both of them made the most amazing jumps! 4 people had jumped and now we deserved a drink – the best drink I’ve ever had ;)

The other guys were river rafting at the same time we were jumping – some had an amazing experience and were very happy when they got back at the resort – unfortunately one of the girls fell out of the boat and was hurt a lot. It had shocked some of the others – but all in all they had an amazing and different experience.

The next day 2 girls were bungy jumping and the rest of us had to do High rope – an obstacle course 10 meters above the ground. We had to climb between the treetops on different kind of obstacles.
'
It was a weekend filled with action, fun and beautiful nature – and I think I can say for us all – The Last Resort is a place to visited! We had the most fun and amazing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment